From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Forum Italiano sui Prodotti NI

annulla
Visualizzazione dei risultati per 
Cerca invece 
Intendevi dire: 

Shared variables cannot be seen over the net

Problem:

Shared Variables to communicate between 2 applications on PCs connected via Ethernet (company net).
No way to establish a connection via Shared Variables

Details

WINDOWS XP, Applications in LabView 8.5 and LabWindows CVI 8.5.
All the tests to verify the communication have been done with Variable Manager to avoid side problems

The Ethernet connections between the 2 machines is ok (ping successfull)

Description
1. PC1: using Variable Manager I create a process and one shared variable. The variable is defined as "Network-Published".
   No bind operation till now.

2. PC2: using Variable Manager I create a process and one shared variable. The variable is defined as "Network-Published".
   Now I want to bind this variable to the one in the PC1. I select the check box "Bind to source", then press the Browse
   button. In the panel that appears the combo box on top is disabled and shows "Network items" (no way t onavigate)
   In the tree below, if I double click into the name of the PC1 to expand it and see the available resources to choose between,
   no item appears. That is, the variable created on the PC1 IS NOT PRESENT in the tree. In effect no item is present under PC1

Additional notes:

1. Under the "Exceptions" tab into the Windows firewall, I have inserted the files as required by the document
   "Configuring LabView, LabView DSC and Lookout to work with the Windows firewall". On both PCs

2. Just to be sure, I have complitely disabled the firewall, on both PCs

3. Antiviruses have been disabled on both PCs

After rebooting the PC, the problem was still there.

At the moment I haven't tried with other machines, but those 2 are working fine in any aspect.

Thanks in advance

Walter Scappini

0 Kudos
Messaggio 1 di 2
3.718Visualizzazioni

Hi Walter,

can you see other Shared Variables under different PCs on your network?

You could try to write in the Path text box of "Bind to source" directly the network path to the shared variable of PC 1.

Moreover, if there are multiple network cards on the PC attempting to access the shared variable try disabling the network cards not being used.  Also, check that the appropriate network card is set as the primary network.  This can be done by going to the Control Panel and opening Network Connections.  From there go to Tools » Advanced » Advanced Settings.  Select the network that you are using between machines and click the up arrow to move it to the top of the list.

Finally, could you please try to create a new Shared Variable on another PC and see if you can see it?

Thank you

Regards,

Serena M.

0 Kudos
Messaggio 2 di 2
3.708Visualizzazioni