From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Forum Italiano sui Prodotti NI

annulla
Visualizzazione dei risultati per 
Cerca invece 
Intendevi dire: 

Problem on acquisition with USB-6009

Dear Sir/Madam,

I encountered a problem on data acquisition with USB-6009.

I used LabView example "Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clock.vi". I compiled it an I created an istaller with its application for a PC without LabView.

I configured 6 channels. I acquire a signal only from channel 1, the others are floating.

From MAX I see the signal correctly on channel 1. With the vi, sometimes it works well.

Some other times, when I stop and restart the acquisition, the signal appears on channel 5, instead of channel 1, until the next execution stop.

I tested with several values for "acquisition rate" and for "number of samples per channel" and the result is the same.

For creating application and installer I used LabView 8.2.1, with its DAQmx drivers. Then, on target PC, I installed the latest version of DAQmx drivers (8.8).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Mario Luiso.

0 Kudos
Messaggio 1 di 4
5.085Visualizzazioni

Dear Mr. Luiso,

I have some more questions about your problem:

Which version of the DAQmx drivers have you installed in the PC where you have developed your project?

Which version of the Run Time Engine have you installed in the PC without LabVIEW?

The PCs have the same operative system?
Have you tested the USB-6009 in MAX in both PCs? Does it works correctly in both cases?

Is the acquisition correct with the USB-6009 connected to the PC where you have developed the project?

Best regards,

Serena M.

0 Kudos
Messaggio 2 di 4
5.069Visualizzazioni

Dear Mrs. Serena,

here are the answers to your questions:

- version of DAQmx drivers is 8.8;

-  run-time engine is

- pc host has windows vista, pc target has windows xp sp3;

- i have tested USB-6009 in MAX in both PCs and it works correctly in both cases;

- the acquisition in PC host is much less frequently incorrect than PC target;

- PC host has Intel Centrino duo dual-core 2.0 GHz with 2 GB RAM, PC target has Intel Celeron 1.2 GHz and 512 MB RAM.

Thanks a lot for your interest and best regards,

Mario Luiso.

0 Kudos
Messaggio 3 di 4
5.064Visualizzazioni

Have you got this problem also using the example in LV or only with the installer?

Since in MAX everything is correct, I don't think this could be a problem of the USB 6009.

Anyway the example works correctly on my computer.

Can you check if you have selected the right compatibility with the different operative systems in the Advanced category of the Installer wizard?

Maybe you could try to build the installer of another LabVIEW example to see if it works correctly. 

Best regards,

Serena

0 Kudos
Messaggio 4 di 4
5.053Visualizzazioni