From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fieldpoint doesn't work with deployed executable

I have a LabView vi that communicates to a cFP device (cFP-180x) via serial (USB to serial converter actually).  The development vi works just fine (communicates with cFP), however, when I create an executable it does not communicate.  At first I thought it may be an issue with deploying to a separate machine, however, even when I try to run the executable on the machine that I'm doing the development work on, it does not work.  I have imported the .iak file into the project, however, I have noticed that when I click "Save" in MAX, it tends to lock up.  If I force it to close, and reopen, the computer will communicate with the cFP device in MAX and the development vi.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,803 Views)

Hi,

Do you get any error messages when the executable is launched? Also what version of LabVIEW and Real-Time are you using?

You can follow the troubleshooting steps in this knowledgebase to see if it helps in resolving this issue.

Regards

Arham H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,782 Views)

Yeah, I ran across that after posting and the second recommendation in the document worked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,768 Views)