FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corrupt lvproj file: Yellow ! Triangle

I have continuing problems with my lvproj file going corrupt.
This previously seem to be connected to crashes when communicating with the Compact Fieldpoint device, but this morning my file was corrupt without any preceding crash.
To correct the problem I have previously checked out an old version of the project, then replaced all the files except the lvproj file with the newest files.
Any ideas what I can do to avoid these problems?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,045 Views)
I see the  pic doesn't show.
The that are corrupt are the "Remote System" side, with .vi's etc for the remote system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,038 Views)

If you want to show a picture, make sure you save it and upload it as an attachment.  .png format is preferred, definitely stay away from .bmp files.  Jpegs are okay, but the compression algorithm can corrupt the image of things like block diagrams slightly.  Post the message.

Then if you want to embed it in the body of your message, right click the attachment once it is posted and open in new window.  Copy the URL from the address bar.  Go back to your message and edit it by selecting the link to the above right of the message.  Then click the yellow picture icon.  Paste the copied URL into the dialog box.  Hit OK and post.

Otherwise, the picture is linked to a location on your hard drive which only you would have access to.  Doing it by the above method makes the picture available to everyone, and puts the link to the picture to the NI website storage location.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,028 Views)

Hi Rodnebb,

I'm not sure completely understand the issue you are seeing, but I will see if I can help anyway.

If you are seeing the yellow ! triangles next to your I/O modules, this is due to editing the IAK file associated with the project in MAX.  LabVIEW is dependent on the iak file, and will display errors if it is changed outside of the project.  The iak file associated with the project should be in the same directory as the project and have the same name as the project.

If you are seeing the yellow ! triangles next to your VIs, this is due to moving your VIs from their original location.  The LabVIEW project references all items contained in it through relative paths, not absolute paths.  Therefore if you move the VI from its original location without keep the same directory structure with respect to the project, the project no longer knows where to find it.

Please let me know if you would like me to clarify anything.  Also, if these are not your issues, please let me know how you are getting into this state and attach a screenshot of what you are seeing.  This may help me better understand you issue.

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(7,022 Views)
Ok,
this seems to fix the issues.

Message Edited by Rodnebb on 08-03-2007 03:32 AM

Message Edited by Rodnebb on 08-03-2007 03:33 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,008 Views)
Rodnebb,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved.
Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,999 Views)

Can you recall how this was fixed?  Seeing the same issue and don't know how to fix it.

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,948 Views)