FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP Module ID over Modbus

I have a cFP-1804 base with several modules installed and I'd like to be able to identify which module is in a particualr slot. I'm using Modbus to do all my configuration and data collection. Is there a way to identify which module is in a slot over Modbus?

For example: A FP-AI-110 module has an ID of 0101 and a FP-AIO-600 has an ID of 0123. How can I determine this over Modbus?

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,137 Views)

Ben,

What do you mean by you are configuring your system via modbus? Are you trying to set up your cFP via Modbus? or just trying to get it to work with modbus? I don't believe you'd be able to use modbus to discover the modules, but you could use functions like the System Configuration API to discover module IDs and then feed that information to your modbus controller. 

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,111 Views)

Rob, 

By configuring via modbus I mean that on my AI-110 module I'm setting the range via modbus. 

Yes, thats what I want to do is discover modules over modbus. Can you please confirm that it's impossible?

I'll look into the system config API, I've never tried. it. 

Thanks, 

--Ben

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,106 Views)

Ben,

Unfortunately it's not possible to get the cFP module ID programatically using Modbus. What is the specific application that requires you to determine the Module IDs programatically? As I mentioned earlier, the only way I can think of to do this is to use the host PC to determine the current module configuration.

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,063 Views)