FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the maximum digital I/O frequency for the NI LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit ?

Hi!

I'm trying to analyze some sort of sine signal at the frequency of about 3 MHz. Because the analysis should be very precise and fast (about 10 samples per period), I'm needing the maximum digital I/O frequency of the NI LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit.

Regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,509 Views)

Hi,

Here is the manual for the sbRIO board specifically included with the evaluation kit. http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373378c.pdf

If you have any more specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask here

Wilfred Tikamchue

Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,461 Views)

Dracyon,

Can you please clarify a couple of things: you say you are trying to acquire a sine wave that has a frequency of 3 MHz, but you are asking for the maximum DIO frequency. I believe what you need to know is the maximum analog sampling frequency. For the sbRIO-9636 (part of the evaluation kit), the maximum aggregate sampling frequency is 200 kS/s at 16 bits of resolution. At 10 samples per period, you could sample a ~20k analog signal. If you are actually looking for maximum DIO frequency, this is a bit more complicated. We have a good whitepaper explaining this.

Best,

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,458 Views)

Hi , I want do a similiar system with  MyRio 1900

I need measure TTL singnal

interval 2 - 10 sample/second 

1 - 10Mhz but precision 1Hz or better

and record in HD

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,338 Views)

alissonrl,

We publish the maximum DIO frequencies for the myRIO-1900 in the . I believe you are talking about measuring the frequencies of up to a 10 MHz signal and sampling that frequency every 2-10 times a second. From the data below, you are exceeding the specifications of of the myRIO's digital lines.

Capture.PNG

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,329 Views)