From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find devices on Field Point network

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi,

I am presently setting up a Field Point Network. The problem I am having is:

After rebooting the FP-2000, everything starts up as normal, however after 15 seconds, the A,B,C,D LEDs do not turn off, and the READY LEDs on the I/O modules never turn on. The STATUS LED does not flash, so there are no specific errors. The POWER LEDS on all of the modules is on. I am unable to use FIND DEVICES within NI-MAX, instead a "Connection Timed Out" (or something to that effect) error message occurs.

I have successfully set up an IP address on the FP-2000, I am able to view the files on the Flash using FTP Transfer in NI-MAX, I have successfully updated the Firmware to LabVIEW RT v7.0.0. I have tried re-installing the firmwar
e, and resetting the FP-2000, but to no avail.

To simplify the issue, I disconnected the FP-2000 from the rest of the terminal bases. I inspected the
pins on the side of the module, and they looked fine. I could not find any other versions of the Firmware for the FP-2000 on the NI web page to download, just in case my version was corrupted. With this current configuration, the A,B,C,D LEDs still remain on, and the FIND DEVICES (not that there are any there) still times out.

I then tried plugging in one FP-TB-10 (with only input modules on there, so that no external supply would be required), and I am still experiencing the same problems.

Hardware being used:
- FP-2000
- 2 * FP-TB-10's with a mixture of AI/AO/DI/DO
- FP-QUAD-510
- FP-PG-522

Power Supply:
- Kepco Power Supply outputting 16 VDC and about 0.4 A (+ terminal connected to V, and Common terminal connected to C)

Software being used:
- LabVIEW 7 Professional with RT
- MAX 3.0

Unfortunately most
of the User Manuals still refer to Field Point Explorer, as opposed to NI-MAX.

Any suggestions to my experiences above would be welcomed! Is there anywhere I can download the RT Lv7.0.0 firmware? Has anybody experienced similar issues with LV7?

Thanks!
Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,702 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ozfarmboy
I'll answer this one myself!

The issue turned out to be a limited set of software installed on the FP2000. When I was installing the software, during configuration in NI-MAX, the only software available was LabVIEW RT v7.0.0.

When installing software (from NI-MAX) on the FP2000 for the first time, the following should be available:

- FieldPoint Control Environment
- FieldPoint VI Manager
- LabVIEW RT
- NI-Serial RT
- NI-VISA
- NI-Watchdog

If any of these are not available, either on the FP module, or for download from NI-MAX, then not all of the device drivers have been installed on the PC.

Use your device drivers CD that came with LabVIEW to install all of the necessary RT drivers.
Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,702 Views)