From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP write causes generic error

Hi,

I have a test system made out of cFP-2210 and some modules. Test System is a stand alone but it should also be controlled with PC. Test system should send a short UDP message to all 139.0.0.* adresses (port 12343) when it has loaded some sequence, but writing to 139.0.0.255 address causes error 42. If I change it to write directly to my PC's ethernet card(ip 139.0.0.3), sending works fine(sender picture). Anyone have any idea why? Is there some fixed limit that cfp can write to at the same time?

Or can it cause some problems that cfp's own ip is 139.0.0.30?

My firewall does not show any traffic in those ports I have used, even when the UDP writing is succeeded. In other ports do have a lot of action (mainly ports 5000 and 6000). And there is not any firewalls blocking traffic.

receiver.PNG  this the receiver on PC

sender.PNG and this is the sender on cFP when working. When I change the ip to 139.0.0.255, it does not work.

Thanks for replies,

Mika

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,833 Views)

And I forgot to say that I am using Labview RT 8.5.1

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,831 Views)