From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Download v6.1.1 Error to FP-2000 Results in Safe Mode (Improper Installation)

Hello -

I have (4) FP-2000 modules (P/N 187685G-01) and (1) FP-2000 (P/N 187685C-01) and I am trying to install LabVIEW RT version 6.1.1. I attempted to download the 6.1.1 software onto the fieldpoint, however, the installation results in safe mode (improper installation). I tried to download the software again but still getting the same message. Configuring the FP is not an issue, just downloading software. I've reviewed other discussion forums and I am not seeing my particular situation. I am sure if I had a part number at rev A, the installation would not be an issue. Can anyone tell me how I can install the FP software without receiving the "safe mode (improper installation)" error?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,996 Views)

I've three curiousities.
1. Have you upgrade PC OS to a version that doesn't support LabVIEW RT 6.1.1?
2. Have you update a driver to a version that doesn't support FP-2000?
3. Can you try installing a software one by one to see which software cause an error?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,987 Views)

Thank you for your reply!

1. I am using Windows XP. I've used this same PC to download the fieldpoint software to another FP-2000 before. The revision of the fieldpoint that I was successful with was rev A.

2. No. Using fieldpoint software 3.0.2. Haven't made any NI driver updates to this PC.

3. Installing the software one by one:

When attempting to download Fieldpoint VI Manager v1.0.28, Fieldpoint Watchdog v1.0.28, IA Control Environment v4.1.6 or NI-Serial v2.0.2, an error is received:

"The driver(s) selected are not compatible with the version of LabVIEW RT currently on the remote device. Are you sure you want to continue with the installation?"

When continuing with the installation, error "Network communication error while trying to communicate to the remote device. Error 12002." is displayed.

When attempting to download LabVIEW RT v6.1.1, error displayed:
"Network communication error while trying to communicate to the remote device. Error 12002."

Installation failed during file transfer. Your root password may be incorrect, or the file may be in use on the remote device.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,976 Views)

Hello,

Please review this knowledgebase which provides instructions on installing LabVIEW RT 6.1.1 on a FieldPoint controller.

Regards,

Arham H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,951 Views)