FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS232/RS485 Converter Circuit Receiving Problem

Hi,

I'm trying to make an RS232/RS485 converter circuit. I used a circuit from http://airborn.com.au/layout/232cnv/232to485.html and i changed some components on that circuit. Then i established my converter circuit that i linked the scheme.

I'm also adding PCB Layout(1)(2) and final board displays to show you. I used copper pour as ground and i connected lacking ground connections with additional wires after the board was prepared. To test my circuit, I used another RS232/RS485 converter circuit which I know that is working without a problem. I connected A and B outputs of my circuit's RS485 connector to the A and B outputs of other circuit's connector. Then i connected these two converter circuits to computer with RS232 USB cable. I tested the communication between these circuits using CuteCOM serial communication terminal. I used two terminals for my circuit and other. (Baud Rate:9600)

I observed that data is transmitting from my converter circuit to other but not receiving from other circuit to mine.

I also tested the other converter circuit with another RS232/RS485 converter circuit which I know that is working without a problem, and i realised that there is not any problem during transmitting and recieving process, so data can be sended and recieved.

These are the list of the changes that i made on original scheme in http://airborn.com.au/layout/232cnv/232cnv40.gif for my converter scheme;

1. Maxim's MAX232CWE was used instead of ICL232.

2. Texas Instruments' SN65HVD3082E was used instead of 75176.

3. As voltage regulator, Exar's SPX3819 was used instead of LM2936Z5.

4. As transistor, BC256A (pnp) was used instead of BC557 (pnp).

5. 22 uF capacitors were used instead of 2.2 uF, for the ones connected to MAX232CWE.

6. On original scheme, a 6 pin connector was used as RS485 connector and two pins were used for A,B connections, one pin was connected for ground, one pin was connected to the 9th pin (RI - Ring Indicator) of the RS232 connector with a jumper. Unlike these, in my circuit, 2 pin connector was used as RS485 connector and only A,B connecitons were made. (RI and ground connections were not used.)

7. On original circuit, A and B pins of SN65HVD3082E Transreciever were terminated with a 120 Ohm resistor and a jumper. I did not do this on my circuit.

I'm investigating about the problem which can be related with changes that i made on original circuit or another reason. I will be very happy if you share your idea about the problem of just transmitting and not recieving data on my converter circuit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,638 Views)

What does any of this have to do with Fieldpoint hardware?

Perhaps you should post your questions in a forum dedicated to electronic circuit design.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,628 Views)
  1. Find the right forum. This has nothing to do with fieldpoint.
  2. Never (never!) link to clickbait riddled and questionable third party image sites. It makes your post look like a thinly veiled spam attempt.
  3. You can attach images right here.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,620 Views)