From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect timestamp to string conversions?

Why does this code give different times when the UTC format? input changes?  The FieldPoint controller

timezone is set to UTC and compensate for DST is disabled.  I would expect the two conversions to give the

same result in this case but they don't.  RT 8.5.1.  The timestamps of readings in MAX are correct and the

string formatted with UTC format? True is correct.

Thanks.

Matt

ScreenHunter_04 Jun. 16 19.18.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,690 Views)

Hi Matt,

I have been able to reproduce the behavior that you are seeing in LabVIEW 8.6.1 as well.  I'm going to have to look into this a little further to determine what is going on.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,665 Views)

Thanks Justin.  This started as a query from a customer running RT 6.1, so it looks like

we have confirmation for 6.1, 8.5.1 and 8.6.1.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,657 Views)

Hi Matt,

I checked into this and R&D is aware of the issue.  It seems to affect the PharLap FielPoints but not the VXworks FieldPoints.  You should get the correct information by wiring a True to the UTC terminal.  This is supposed to be fixed in a future release, but I can't give any specifics.

Is this causing any issues, or were you just curious why this behavior existed?
Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,638 Views)

We're still seeing this in LabVIEW 2012.

But it only appears to affect dates in BST, as soon as you get back into GMT this '-1' day error goes away

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,544 Views)

Hi Kevin,

I'm no longer on the RT support team, but the CAR was 41190 and was fixed.  But looking at the VI I see it has an event structure, making me think that its not being run on an RT target.  

Are you seeing this on an 21xx FP in LV 2012?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,538 Views)

Hi Justin,

No - I realised as I posted this, that it wasn't related to LabVIEW RT - but my original search only found this thread...

I've since found http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Time-Conversion-from-Local-to-UTC-Help-Daylight-Savings-Problem/td-p...

It appears to be a standard LabVIEW 2012 'feature' - you can move my post to the above thread if you wish

Cheers

Kev

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,508 Views)

No worries, I just wanted to make sure I understood your question (and if I needed to reopen a CAR).  

I happy to hear you found your answer.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,500 Views)