From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FieldPoint IO Point In via control, rather than constant

Not new questions.  Just trying to get back to my original post. 

As I asked originally, I am trying to figure out if it's possible to build a drop down control onto the front panel of the vi to select the COM that the cFP devices are connected to. 

My latest post was an update based on becoming a bit more familiar with the cFP and associated .iak file.  Considering that the COM port is specified in the .iak file, how can you make this a controlled item?  The issue I foresee with deploying this vi is that the cFP device may or may not be plugged into the COM port specified in the iak file.  Although, after looking at the format of the "FieldPoint IO Point In", I see that it specifies the "comm resource name".  If the device is named and the correct comm resource name is listed in the FieldPoint IO Point In, is the physical COM port irrelevant?  I don't imagine it is, but just asking the question.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(2,844 Views)

I don't know how the com port would be specified in an .iak file.  All of my fieldpoints are connected by way of a network connection.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,842 Views)

Here is a screenshot from MAX for the "Comm Resource Configuration" for a serial cFP device. 

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,840 Views)