FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field point scale?

Hello all,

I need to make a *.vi where a user can edit the scale of the Field Point Channels easily.

That means read the current scale, edit and then save it.

MAX should not be used.

HW used: FP 112, Ethernet

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,073 Views)

By scale, I assume that you mean range.  And while I'm not sure if you will be able to read the current range you can set the range using the Configure Range.vi from the FieldPoint palette.

17377i43A2227A0DE074CA

Hope this helps.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,058 Views)

Hello

Justin_P, thanks for the replay. But, this is not what I was looking for. I need to change the scaling (Slope and Y-Intercept).

For example: MAX->Data Neighborhood->FieldPoint Items->FP-AI-112@2->Channel 0->Scales.

I need that a non-experienced user can use my *.exe, and change the scaling. Then this change is remembered in the project *.iak file.

Can you help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,050 Views)

Use the basic math operators of add and multiply, add your offset (b) and use multiply for slope (m).

Y=mX+b

Or I think there is a linear interpolation function in one of the pallettes.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,039 Views)

the_sun:

See attached code I have used before.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 5 of 7
(7,033 Views)
Hello So, I have done something similar, but this solution does not solve my problem. I need that the changes are read/saved from/to the *.iak file. Something similar to DAQmx, where all the changes for each channel, task or scale, made in some *.vi, are saved in MAX Have a nice day
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,009 Views)

I would take AK2DM's suggestion and then save the m's and b's to another file that you make on your controller, called something like scales.ini. I wouldn't suggest trying to modify the .iak file to include your scales.

If you could explain to me why you need the scales to show up in MAX, maybe I would better understand your problem and be able to provide a different solution.

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,993 Views)