FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Point device marked as invalid in LabVIEW project

I recently ran into an issue I have not been able to solve. I was working on a client's existing system that uses a Field Point system. All was working fine until a LabVIEW crash. The application is being modified using LV 2012. LabVIEW crashed at one point during the day and since that point the FP device is marked as invalid (yellow triangle with the exclamation point). I can communicate with the device via Max. I can ping the device. I have tried resetting both the computer and the FP device. In addition to it being marked as invalid in the project I can't even open a new blank project and add the device to it. When I do LV crashes immediately.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Any recommendations to solve the issue.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,803 Views)

Not quite the same issue, but I do know that field Point isn't available in LV2012 64-bit, so it might be worth checking that little gem of a nuisance issue.

Are you using the Fieldpoint as dumb DAQ, or do you have it set up as a seperate brain of it's own? My guess from your description is the latter, and it may be that a few power cycles of things in an appropriate order will help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,778 Views)

Hello Mark,

Based on the behavior you've described, I would check the local .iak configuration file, which may have become corrupted during the crash.  With newer versions of the driver (which you'd be using in 2012) you rarely need to interact with the iak file directly but there's still a local copy cached and this is what's loaded when you add a FieldPoint to a project. You may also want to double-check that the FP controller, module, and channel names don't have any odd characters that would interfere with resolving a network path (eg @  /  \  % etc.).

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,763 Views)