From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFP1804 with AIO 600

I have been trying to use a 1804 network module with a AIO-610, this has been working fine so far with firmware 6.08 (tried 6.05 but no improvement) I can write AO channels in max and via modbus however when I try and read the AI channels (using voltage 0-36V range and a 24V hardwired voltage input) the reading in max remains floating. Is this a firmware/compatabilty issue or am I doing something wrong? I have swapped the module for a known working unit and the same issue arises.

I am using LV 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,106 Views)

Hello DQIS,

What do you mean by 'Remains floating'?

Secondy you said that the same issue arrises with a known to be working module, what wwas the setup that the known module worked in?
Did you try to test the module AIO-610 in the working setup?

Best regards,
Guy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,059 Views)

Hello DQIS,

What did you connect to the input, a known signal with 24V DC or AC?
And is it the device grounded? 

Best regards,
Guy 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,002 Views)

The device was grounded and the test signal was 24VDC, the fault was traced to the IAK having each logical channel mapped to the fourth (unused and floating) physical channel. It worked fine once we had realised what we had done.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,940 Views)