FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brooks 0254 Driver

Does anyone know of a driver for Brooks 0254 secondary electronics module to use with labview 2009 or 2010. This module is used for interfacing multiple Brooks MFC's, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,962 Views)

At this time we do not have a driver for the Brooks 0254 Instruments. However, you could use the NI-VISA driver to send commands to the device through LabVIEW.

David A.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,951 Views)

excuse me but there are no commands or NI-Visa applications for all 0254 brooks questions.
For example: Which NI-Visa commands to get the pv values?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,886 Views)

Each device has different commands that you can send to it using NI-VISA. I am not sure on the exact commands that you would use with this instrument to get the pv values. This link will show if you can communicate with the device in hyperterminal then you should be able to in LabVIEW and how to do it.

David A.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,865 Views)

I have had the same frustration finding a driver for the Brooks 0254. Here is one I put together for simple SP send, and PV read operations for the 4 channels (not networked). I've had some trouble with Labview correctly reading the other commands outlined in the manual, and am still working on it.

I hope this helps, and if anyone out there has a more comprehensive driver, it would be appreciated.

-Andrew

Message 5 of 6
(7,481 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,747 Views)