From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unexpected error when viewing profile

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

a little while ago I got an unexpected error when trying to view my own user profile. Since then 2 weeks have passed and the error still occurs (with the exception of just now, as I was editing this post..) Does anyone have an idea, what might cause this?

unexpected.JPG

Thanks for your help.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,672 Views)

Hi Peter,

I see the same issue on your profile. I'm going to follow up with Lithum with this error code so we can investigate it further.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,659 Views)

Hi Peter,

Lithium has tracked down the bug and are working to resolve it. I'll let you know when I have an update.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,634 Views)

Hi Lili,

any news on your end?

cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,579 Views)

Hi Peter,

This issue was caused by a very outdated autosaved draft associated with your profile. Recently, there was an autosaved drafts component added to the user profile, so this is why you started to see an error when visiting your page. I'm working with Lithium to get this draft deleted from the database (since manually deleting it causes errors), but there is no timeframe yet for when this can be done. So in the meantime, we're going to remove this component from the profile page. You will then be able to visit your profile page as expected. This change should be completed by the end of the week.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,566 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PeterFoerster

Update - Lithium has resolved this issue without us removing the Autosaved Draft component.

Peter, please let us know if you have any more issues with this.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,543 Views)

Hi Lili,

thanks for getting on top of this and resolving ti so quickly!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,540 Views)