cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search terms with special characters

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello NI,

I am wondering how "%#g" in writing spreadsheets impacts their ingest for larger and smaller numbers.  I want to demonstrate that it can "eat its own cooking" without errors.

I went to search for the term '%#g' in the dicussion forums and only 'g' showed up.

Does your search not like the format strings that you input to your primitives?

Regards,

EngrStudent 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,172 Views)

Hi EngrStudent,

I am currently investigating this issue you're encountering. I don't have a workaround yet, but I will let you know when I have an update.

I am curious though how do you perform such a search for this phrase on other sites -- as I can't even get Google to display proper results for this term.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,153 Views)

In google I can search for terms like this:  "%g" and do okay.  The NI particular implementation of the # interior to that is what causes the problem.  

Google searches:

So it converts the "%" to a code. link

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,151 Views)

Thanks for clarifying the issue. We're working with Lithium support to find a workaround for this. I'll report back when I have an update.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,118 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EngrStudent

Lithium has clarified that most special characters are generally excluded from search queries, and the text and integers are attempted to be matched instead. So it is by their design that you are unable to search for terms such as "%g".

I am going to raise an enhancement request to them to allow special characters to be searchable, especially since other search platforms allow this.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 5 of 5
(4,092 Views)