Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with posting

Solved!
Go to solution

I do not like the way the body portion displays when I try to create a new post.  I've enclosed a PPT file that illustrates the problem, however, I have not been able to attach any file to a posting either.  Is this a problem in my Settings or something wrong in Win 7 SP1?  I'm using Internet Explorer 10.0.9.9200.17377.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,861 Views)

What's wrong with just attaching a picture. Wy would you need ppt???

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,852 Views)

postingHelp.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,847 Views)

That definitely does not look right. I would clear the cache first.

Are your browser security settings very restrictive?

Are you running any security software that blocks certain web components or similar? (antivirus, antimalware, adblocker, etc.). 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,834 Views)

I have no sys admin privileges on this machine.  I know the browser settings are very restrictive.  There is Symantec software running and I can't modify it or delete it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,814 Views)

@faustina wrote:

I have no sys admin privileges on this machine.  I know the browser settings are very restrictive.  There is Symantec software running and I can't modify it or delete it.

Hi faustina,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Can you please answer the following the questions so we can better assist you:

1. Did clearing the cache make a difference?
  2. Are you always seeing this issue everywhere you attempt to post here or just certain areas?
  3. Does this occur in other browsers on your machine?
  4. The discussion forums use TinyMCE which is a Javascript WYSIWYG text editor. Do you have any issues with Javascript on other websites?
  5. Do you see this issue on the TinyMCE homepage, in the functioning editor on the right?

Thank you,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,797 Views)

Clearing cache did not help. 

I have this issue on any board in the discussion forum that I try to post on. 

My home computer [Win7 SP1 Home Prem] has no problem either in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.  My work computer, the one I'm having issues with, only has Internet Explorer available.

Since I'm not sys admin for my work computer, I'm not sure how or if Javascript is loaded on my computer.

I've also contacted my tech support people at work regarding this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,755 Views)

Hi faustina,

Thanks for the extra information. As I mentioned in my post above, checking if you have the same issue on the TinyMCE site may give insight into if this is an issue specifically on the NI Discussion Forums, or with Javascript. Since this does seem to be an issue specific to your environment, it does sound like your best bet is to continue to follow up with the internal tech support team at your company. Please keep us in the loop and let us know if there are any questions.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,742 Views)

my tech support people seem to have resolved the display problem.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,720 Views)

Any word on how they solved it?

It might help future readers if they have a similar problem.

Message 10 of 11
(5,704 Views)