From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kpm plugin???

I was browsing the forum, when I suddenly got the following browser notification.

(I don't use any kasperski password manager and have never seen this before, but a google search shows that other forums seem to also have this problem.)

Anyone else seen that using chrome?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,517 Views)

I can't reproduce this in Chrome 47.0.2526.111 m. Do you see this error only on the forums, or on other part of ni.com as well?

Are you using a work computer? If so, is it possible there are Kaspersky security products installed already?

I'm following up with Lithium to see if this is a plugin that is used on their platform.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,506 Views)

I only saw it on one page and when I returned, the notification was gone. Maybe there was some stray html in one of the posts. Hard to tell.

There are no such security products installed here.

I'll keeep an eye out...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,503 Views)

If it occurs again, please send me the link to the page you were on at the time. I'll let you know what Lithium says about this too.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,498 Views)

Ah, found it!!!!

I was looking at this post, and if you look at the html source, there is a reference to a kpm plugin at the end of the post.

I guess it is benign.

I am surprised that lithium does not strip out some of these things....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,497 Views)

I edited the user's post to remove the object. We do block users from using full html in their posts, so it's surprising that Lithium didn't prevent this post from being made. I'll follow up with Lithium about this, as well as follow up with the user who made the post.

Thanks for finding this! 

~~~~~~~~~
Message 6 of 11
(6,488 Views)

How come there is no separate German board when there are ones for quite a few other foreign languages?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,462 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

How come there is no separate German board when there are ones for quite a few other foreign languages?

That's an interesting question. We support a number of languages on ni.com, but don't currently have boards for every language. We can evaluate the need for this internally with our German branch. If you start to see an influx of German posts in the English boards, please let us know.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,444 Views)

Germans typically know English very well. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,439 Views)

Just wondering.

It seems like German is one of the more common languages, and probably many more messages over the years than the number of messages (hundreds) on the Portuguese or Arabic boards.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,433 Views)