Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idea exchange experts

OK, I think, we need to figure out who are the "Experts" as far as NI are concerned. This will possibily allow us to determine the purpose of the Expert Tab maybe? Maybe one of the NI guys can comment?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,993 Views)

My wild guess:

Well, the forum is by Lithium, and the "experts" tab is just one of the features that can be turned on or off, depending on the local configuration. This seems to be an option where the votes of certain well regarded participants have a a higher weight.

Since we see the tab, the feature is activated, but so far no experts have been defined yet.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,986 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

My wild guess:

This seems to be an option where the votes of certain well regarded participants have a a higher weight.

That's what I was trying to get across (but a lot more eloquent than how I did it).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,971 Views)

Hi all,

You are correct. The Lithium feature is meant to be used to highlight users whose kudo weight is greater than 1. We do not make use of this feature currently, therefore I have turned off the "Experts" tab. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,952 Views)

Active Participant JordanG

Active Participant
JordanG

Re: idea exchange experts

Thanks,

Jordan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you weigh them? 😉

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(2,936 Views)

I suppose Jordan sentence is to be looked at the opposite way: once you are credited as expert (with some rule similar to ranking in forum boards) your kudos will weight more than 1.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,916 Views)