Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't fill in text in idea exchange "Post a Comment"

Like others over here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/Can-t-reply-to-a-post-on-LabVIEW-forum/td-p...

Since two days, I can't type in anything in the "Post a Comment" field in the idea exchange in Firefox 29.0.1. The LabVIEW forum works ok, it's just the idea exchange. Posting a new message is also no problem.

There is no cursor. I tried loggin in and out, and also tried switching betwee Preview, HTML and Rich Text.

IE still works, but it takes minutes to load, and then seconds after each character.

Any ideas?Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,850 Views)

Also in chrome it does not work at all now in the same way (blank comment window, not able to type at all). I cleared all browser stuff, but it did not fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,841 Views)

Not related to firefox i guess. Works good for me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,836 Views)

This is a problem... People having this problem can't reply!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,831 Views)

never mind. In this forum posting is no problem. At least not for me. Just the idea exchange.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,826 Views)

I did find some sort of solution.

When I press F5, the page refreshes. Then, for a short moment, I can type in some text. Then it disappears. But when I switch to HTML view, I can actually edit the message (in HTML).

So it seems to be a problem in the Rich Text part.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,814 Views)

for some reason:

<textarea style="visibility: hidden:" class="lia-form-tiny-mce-editor-input lia-message-editor" id="tinyMceEditor" name="tinyMceEditor">jfkjm jhjghrjj</textarea>

this element and other elements, like the buttons, are hidden. When I change "hidden:" to "none" I can edit normally (but without the buttons..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,806 Views)

Text only in IE.  no links, smileys, pictures. no text format...........  Spell check broke......

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,790 Views)

Hey guys,

This is an issue with the comment editor. It should be resolved in tonight's maintenance window and the spell check functionality should be resolved as well. 

Jordan

Message 9 of 10
(6,787 Views)

Jordan,

It's OK now! Thanks,

Wiebe.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,762 Views)