From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO and RIO forums

Solved!
Go to solution
Where are the discussion forums for cRIO and RIO? I think it would be very helpful to have separate forums for these product lines, especially since new users might now know to look in the Fieldpoint family and LVRT forums for RIO related posts.
-marcus
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,426 Views)
Marcus -

We will evaluate changing the name(s) of some of the existing boards to help users find the right board for cRIO and RIO product discussions.

Thanks for the feedback!

Molly K.
Web Support & Operations Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,392 Views)

So, where are the cRIO forums?  Where am I supposed to post/check for cRIO specific issues? 

Thanks,

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,181 Views)

For the moment, you could try entering RIO as the search text.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,167 Views)

Hi Khalid,

Depending on how you are using your module, there are a few places to check for cRIO questions.  Real-Time Measurement and Control gets many cRIO posts, or if you are using LabVIEW FPGA with cRIO you may choose to post there.  Questions regarding using the C Series modules with CompactDAQ can go into the Multifunction DAQ forums. 

Regards,
Laura
Web Support & Operations
National Instruments

Message 5 of 10
(7,133 Views)
I second the RIO specific forum for (cRIO/SBRIO) There are several specific issue, like configuring hardware and advanced architectures that would be well grouped.
Message Edited by Hueter on 12-30-2009 02:24 PM
Message 6 of 10
(5,397 Views)

Laura,

Can NI please consider a dedicated forum for RIO products? 

Message 7 of 10
(4,897 Views)

The Real Time Measurement and Control board is really designed to be the forum for these hardware products.  Perhaps a name change is in order.  Let me check around and see what would make sense.

Thanks!

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,827 Views)

Laura,

Thanks for checking on that.  This is one product that needs its own dedicated space.  There are a lot of issues that are cRIO specific and exist for no other product line.  The new EtherCAT hardware compounds this even further. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,807 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cous

I'm preparing to change the name of the Real Time Measurement and Control board to:

RIO Family
cRIO, R Series, FlexRIO, sbRIO

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,614 Views)