Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong comment count

@RavensFan wrote:

I'll add this to the end of this thread, though it may be a problem more related with the forum change.

Two message threads in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange.  Both claim they have new comments to read, even though I've gone through both of them and read them.  Threads are shown in the attached picture.

That seems to be a new issue as described here New Posts Never Get Old.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(1,067 Views)

I think you're right.  Both of the threads I was looking at were new.  As in since the forum change over.  And I just saw a couple other threads that were new on FPGA exchnage and test stand exchange that did the same thing to me.  I was able to use Option and Mark as Read to get the counts to clear.

So basically, a new idea seems to count (as it should), but reading the thread seems to only subtract the comments from the number, not the original idea itself.

I can confirm that is exactly what it is.  I went and marked an older idea as New with its most recent comment from June.  It had 5 comments.  Marked it as new and it added 6 to my new message count.  Went and read it, the number dropped by 5.  The idea still showed on the left as having not been read.  Options, Mark as Read,  the new count went down by 1 and the thread disappeared off the left.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(1,065 Views)