Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong comment count

Was looking in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange and saw this idea had new comments. Event for Array : Index Values change

It said it has 12 total comments.  But there are only 11.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,310 Views)

I see 12 comments: 10 on one page and the other 2 on the second one

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,297 Views)

Okay.  That is odd.  I see what you see now.  10 and 2 on each page for a total of 12 comments.

I see X. has the latest post from 7/14/16  6:02 PM EDT.  Which means it was posted almost 4 hours before I went into that page, about 10 pm.  However, at that time, that post did not show.  There was only 1 comment on the second page.

"Glitch" in the way the webserver gathered up the relevant posts for display?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,289 Views)

I really can't imagine what was happening. I could think of a reason for which you didn't see the last post, but I'd have expected that the page were coherent in itself (i.e. the post count matches actual posts shown).

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,281 Views)

Yes I noticed something odd with that thread. I my case it said there were two new messages, but the second oldest is from 2012.

Maybe there was a spam post or duplicate that got removed by a moderator. Hard to tell.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,279 Views)

I can't remember if it had said there was 1 or 2 new messages.  But I do know that X.'s didn't show up at all when I went in there.  That there were 12 total comments, and only 11 were shown.

I'm going to speculate based on Christian's comment.  Perhaps X.'s comment was the new one, but it got marked as spam and was still in quarantine when I went looking at new material.  (I didn't notice that the other comment on page 2 was 4 years old.   Then later, it was determined X's wasn't spam and got released from quarantine?

Just guessing.  Not really something that needs to be solved or figured out.  I'm just commenting on an oddity where the forum was functioning like it normally does.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,276 Views)

Yes, the first time I saw the thread was via the mobile version of the forum and it was bold, so I looked at it and scrolled all the way to the end and did not see anything new. However it remained bold even after refreshing the list later, so I I opened it again but there was still nothing new. Much later I opened the thread again on the PC and the last comment was there. Go figure.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,273 Views)

I see nothing in the logs that would indicate X.'s comment was under moderation or caught in any queues.

If you continue to see anything like this occur, please let us know when and where.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 8 of 12
(4,263 Views)

I think I should talk to my lawyer. Clearly, my posts are not counted as they should...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,212 Views)

I'll add this to the end of this thread, though it may be a problem more related with the forum change.

Two message threads in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange.  Both claim they have new comments to read, even though I've gone through both of them and read them.  Threads are shown in the attached picture.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,199 Views)