Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the act of creating a new thread take me to the board?

I don't start threads that often, but almost every single time this behavior annoys me - after you create a new thread, the browser then loads the board where that thread was created. Since I always want to review the thread to make sure everything is OK, this tends to be annoying because it requires another click (boo hoo). I would prefer being taken directly to the thread. What do others think?

And while we're on that subject, I also find it a bit annoying that the "Topic - you replied" icons ( or  ) don't apply to the first post of a thread and will only appear if you have actual replies. I would suggest that they should, as I think about this as "conversation I participated in" and the first post certainly fits that crieteria.

(4,708 Views)

I agree with your.  Particular how your own message doesn't show the down arrow until you actually go and reply in it.  My first look at the boards is to find any threads I've replied into to see if they have any new messages.

I make sure I get a reply into my own thread early in the process just so I can see it marked.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,701 Views)

I would like to hear more feedback regarding the first issue --  being taken back to the board after posting a topic. I have also heard arguments for wanting to be taken back to the board so you can browse for more topics to participate in.

The second issue, an icon for topics you created, makes sense and I can raise the idea to Lithium.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,687 Views)

Lili, any reply from Lithium on the icons idea?

Also,

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

I have also heard arguments for wanting to be taken back to the board so you can browse for more topics to participate in.

It's honestly not a huge deal either way. In both cases it's a matter of a single click to get to where you want, but I would be surprised if many people want to start a thread and then immediately go to other threads on the board. Most threads are asking for help on a specific issue and I assume most people are either done after posting their question or they go through additional search results (not a board) to find the answer to their problem. I expect that the vast majority of people would either want to review their thread or don't care (which makes it a good idea to show them the thread, as that will increase the chance that they review it and fix things that need fixing).

(4,478 Views)

No updates as of yet. Not much support from other Lithium users either. Cat Frustrated

As for the board vs topic view -- there's not been much input on this externally either way. It's interesting that they have an option to "show confirmation page" which only shows you 2 options -- go to topic or go back to board. It'd be nice if instead there was an option for users to choose to go back to topic or go back to board, without seeing the confirmation page.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,461 Views)