Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant we attach files to private messages or the Idea exchange

In lieu of a solution, I'll just dump this here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,132 Views)

I have wanted to attach files in both of those places also.

Lynn

Message 2 of 11
(5,127 Views)

Hi Intaris,

Unfortunately, the functionality doesn't exist in the Lithium platform to add attachments to private messages or to comments in the Idea Exchange. Lithium says that the feature for private messages is "in their batch of potential updates to private messaging" but there is nothing scheduled yet. I've asked for an update on the possibility of the feature being added for comments. I will let you know when I have an update.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 11
(5,125 Views)

On a side note, I thought we had a thread somewhere for dumping images and the like for referencing in other threads.  I looked for it, but I can't remember what it's called and I couldn't find it yesterday.  I won't highlight the search functionality on the forum, that's a fight for another day.

Anyone know where the thread is or what it's called?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,104 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

On a side note, I thought we had a thread somewhere for dumping images and the like for referencing in other threads.  I looked for it, but I can't remember what it's called and I couldn't find it yesterday.  I won't highlight the search functionality on the forum, that's a fight for another day.

Anyone know where the thread is or what it's called?

You mean the Icons Thread?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 11
(5,101 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:
You mean the Icons Thread?

Could well be.  I actually saw that one but thought it didn't match my memory.  Either reality or my memory is faulty.  I can't remember how to determine which one...... Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,087 Views)

There is also this one - http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/Images-only-Do-not-reply/td-p/274604

Ah, thanks Tst, that's the one I was thinking of.  Of course the NI search didn't help me all too much.  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,039 Views)

Is this still a limitation of lithium, given the major changes in the last year?  

I'd specifically like to attach files on the dea exchange.  I haven't had a time when I wanted to attach something to a PM yet but I'm surprised to hear that isn't possible.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,746 Views)

This type of functionality still does not exist. Earlier this year Lithium committed to implementing this for private messages (a feature they have been actively working on), but there is no timeline for when this would be done. They also said they would add improvements to idea comments, but there are no immediate plans to work on that particular feature.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,739 Views)