Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where should I direct Social Media questions?

Nope, I'm not sure where to direct this observation so, in high hopes that all you web type gurus at NI know about each other I'll post it here.

A recient change appeared on my Linked IN profile.  I got a new Logo! Apparently, from key words in my experience.

Capture.PNG

YUP, I'm proudly displaying the full on Nigel logo of NI Corporate! that somehow seams a bit off.

Certainly, those key words might trigger this logo:

Capture1.PNG

Or one of slightly different coloring had I incorrectly stated my partner level as "Silver, Gold, or Mauve"  Hey, when are the Mauve Alliance Partners launching?  can I be the first? <Kidding>

Seriously though, How do things like this get worked out in todays internet of social media?  I just write code in LabVIEW, such knowledge is not at my disposal.

Thanks

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,856 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I passed this on to our Social Media team, so hopefully they can get to the bottom of it.

Good luck working towards that Mauve Alliance Partner status! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,774 Views)

Hi all! Happy to help here...

Jeff, you've got our beautiful logo there because, to your point, LinkedIn's reacting to the keyphrase "National Instruments" in your employer field. Assuming 8-Ball Consulting doesn't have a LinkedIn company page, as long as "National Instruments" is in the employer field, the logo will auto-populate. So you could remove it by removing "A National Instruments Alliance Partner" and putting that in the description field below. Unfortunately, that's the only option I can suggest. 😕

Hope that's helpful!

Cheers,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,755 Views)

@briannunnery wrote:

Hi all! Happy to help here...

Jeff, you've got our beautiful logo there because, to your point, LinkedIn's reacting to the keyphrase "National Instruments" in your employer field. Assuming 8-Ball Consulting doesn't have a LinkedIn company page, as long as "National Instruments" is in the employer field, the logo will auto-populate. So you could remove it by removing "A National Instruments Alliance Partner" and putting that in the description field below. Unfortunately, that's the only option I can suggest. 😕

Hope that's helpful!

Cheers,

Brian

Expect to hear from LinkedIN Support re: Linked In support ticket 150710-004087

My Experience lists:
"8-Ball Consulting - A National Instruments Alliance Partner"
According to the National Instruments Social Media team, this phrase incorrectly triggered your sight to assume my employer was National Instruments and the NI Corporate logo was placed.

The correct logo for a company that is a NI Alliance Partner is attached and available here: http://partners.ni.com/partner_locator/images/logos/badge-basic.png

Note also that there are levels of Alliance Partners with different Logos.

I encourage you to work with NI to both protect their brand and their desire to promote Alliance Partners and improve the LinkedIN experience. I am certain the NI Alliance Partner Network Team (alliance@ni.com) would be happy to guide and educate your resources on the correct use of NI Brands and NI sponsored Branding.

Thank You

You are welcome.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,739 Views)