From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the "Open thread in a pop-up" link?

When answering a multipage thread, it is sometimes useful to check early (or late) posts. It used to be possible to open the thread in a separate tab or window, by using a "open thread in a separate pop-up" (or similar) link on the answer page.

This appears to be gone, requiring a new, complex navigation (on a separate page) through the forum menu to the Idea Exchange, to the Idea... You get my point.

PS: Is anybody beta testing the forum layout or are you relishing the outcry from unsuspecting users?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,481 Views)

If you are referring to the "view discussion in a popup" link when replying, it is still there under the attachments button. Here's what I see in Firefox on Windows 7.

viewpopup.png

If you're not seeing this, please provide information on what web browser and OS you are using.

X. wrote: Is anybody beta testing the forum layout or are you relishing the outcry from unsuspecting users?

We did testing internally and has external testers as well. I imagine some issues are harder to see when you don't have a lot of live content to navigate and use.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 7
(3,473 Views)

I am trying to answer to this thread (I thought I had as a matter of fact, but can't see a trace of this answer to my profile): https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Please-add-Front-panel-Control-value-set-with-signali...

When I go there, I am told that there are 16 comments to that idea. I can only see the first 10 in my browser (Safari 9.1.2) and have no way to move on to the second page of comments (that's another biggie).

The only way I have found is to find my latest post in that thread (which turned out to be the 13th, hence on the second page.

From there, I cannot find any such link as you show (but I can see it in this thread):

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 14.48.21.png

There is no View 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,458 Views)

The missing button to view more comments on an idea is a known issue. We're working to resolve this one.

You don't see the "view discussion in a popup" option on the idea because only discusison topics have that option.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,454 Views)

That latter answer is not a good answer. I assume you mean this is a bug to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,451 Views)

@X. wrote:

That latter answer is not a good answer. I assume you mean this is a bug to be fixed.

Sorry, which part are you referring to exactly? The bug with the missing page buttons for idea comments is being worked on.

There is no bug with the "view discussion in a popup" functionality -- because this functionality never existed in the first place on the Idea Exchange. Screenshot of the old design of an idea page:

IdeaExchangeCommentBox.png

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,448 Views)

I'll have to trust you on this, because that really struck me as an oddity when I tried to answer a thread this morning.

If that is the case, I would humbly suggest there is no logical reason why the IE threads should behave any differently than the others.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,446 Views)