From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wong with my signature?

Solved!
Go to solution

For some reason, when I post in the forums, after my signiture it leaves 6 or 7 lines of empty spaces.

I've checked in my profile for carriage returns and there is nothing.

It should just be "Cory K" without all of the space underneath 

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,225 Views)

It appears that the signature is embedded in a <div> tag with the height set to 180. The actual <div> tag looks like this:

<div style="width: 100%; height: 180; overflow: hidden;">

I've never used a signature, but the signature creation box is supposed to accept HTML, so maybe you can just set the HTML yourself directly.

Hmmm.... let's see what happens when I use a signature....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,213 Views)

Yup, looks like that's what it defaults to, as the same thing happened when I simply put in the text "This is a signature". I got a bunch of blank space at the bottom.

I've since removed the signature, so that's why you can't see it now. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,209 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cory_K
Update: It appears that whatever you put it it gets enveloped by the <div> tag I mentioned above. So even if you put in your own <div> tag, you'll get another one around with the height:180 property. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 8
(7,205 Views)
I'll just get rid of it then. Oh well
Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,197 Views)
I think perhaps this should give a heads up to Laura. There may be a good reason for the <div> tag, but perhaps we can ease off a bit on the forced height? Hmmm? Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,185 Views)

So I had to increase the space allocated for signatures a while back after an upgrade because some signatures were large and were starting to get cutoff.  The extra space below signatures is more apparent in Firefox than in IE7.  I have not recently revisited the issue to see what happens if I decrease the space so I'll add that to my issues to research list Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Laura
Web Support & Operations
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,161 Views)

The extra space below signatures is more apparent in Firefox than in IE7.

I'm using Google Chrome, and it is VERY apparent  :smileyvery-happy:

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,153 Views)