Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User profile inconsistencies…

Hi,

see this image:

check.png

I just looked at my User Profile and found the two marked inconsistencies:

- What exactly is my Kudos count? Are there two different databases or methods to count them?

- I don't think it's a good idea to change the capitalization of chars in the user alias. Most often there is a reason to use upper and lower case chars…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,179 Views)

The capitalization is due to the fact that all the topic headings are capitalized.

My Accepted Solutions.PNGMy kudoed posts.PNG-Hence the problem with all Capital letters and i cehcked this multiple time and i ignored because i don't have mixed letters 🙂

- Regarding kudos i once heard from Crossrulz about some beta boards or private boards. Could that be reason? Since it says PUBLIC STATISTICS 😛

Edit: When I hover on user and below is the public stats which it shows:Public.png

Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 16
(4,168 Views)

Hello, 

Thank you for reporting this, we will take a look at this and let you know once when we have further information. 

Thank you

Alberto 

NI Community Team 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,136 Views)

Hi Alberto,

maybe the reason is as uday said: there can be Kudos from "private" threads (Round table)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,131 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

maybe the reason is as uday said: there can be Kudos from "private" threads (Round table)…

If I am logged in, the two kudos counts agree 100%. I assume Gerd was logged in so there must be some other issue.

If I am not logged in, the public statistics is lower than what shows next to the image, most likley because of non-public posts. So the main problem is that the kudos numbers should agree between the two places (but should show a different value depending on who's looking at the profile).

(Well, I am fine with showing the bigger number in public. Nobody is going to manually count to see if they can find all the kudos and verify the number. :D. Maybe we don't even need the complicated distinction between private and public counts?)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,121 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

More likely a beta that is now archived (a private board that you no longer have access to).  I am with Christian here, do not make the discrepency between the "public" and the "complete" statistics.  Just don't let people see the kudos and marked solutions that they do not have access  to.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,119 Views)
Exactly! If someone has 1k private kudos, the public reputation should show that, even if none of the posts are visible. He is more trustworthy than a user with no kudos at all. There should be a public distinction.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,111 Views)

Hello,

There are differences in kudo count for different users looking a user's profile due to permissions around public and private boards. However, that may not be the issue here as altenbach pointed out. We will follow up with Lithium Support on this.

As for the public vs private kudos/solutions/post counts -- this is not a setting we have control over and would need to be an enhancement request

As for the capitalization, as udka pointed out it is because the header font is in all caps. We'll be making some changes to this and will keep in mind the capitalization of usernames. 

Thank you

Alberto

NI Community Team 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,087 Views)

Not logged in.  See date last visited on the snip compared to the time of the post.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,037 Views)

Jeff - did you mean to add an attachment?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,999 Views)