Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User profile inconsistencies…

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Jeff - did you mean to add an attachment?

@no,  Looking at GerdW's original post I noticed an @11hr difference between the "Date Last Visited" statistic and the date the message posted.  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,150 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Jeff - did you mean to add an attachment?

@no,  Looking at GerdW's original post I noticed an @11hr difference between the "Date Last Visited" statistic and the date the message posted.  Had GerdW been loged-in when the snip was taken the time difference would have been negligable. Unless,Gerd was posting from a country matching (stan)$

EDIT: Whoops the Earth spind the other way Jeff! make that the Indochina peninsula

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,150 Views)

I see what you mean, Jeff.

Gerd -- where/when did that screenshot come from? I notice the date format doesn't adhere to your settings of dd-mm-yy, so perhaps you weren't logged in or someone else took the screenshot?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,144 Views)

Hi Lili,

Gerd -- where/when did that screenshot come from?

I can't tell you anymore…

I notice the date format doesn't adhere to your settings of dd-mm-yy, so perhaps you weren't logged in

I see this too, so I guess I wasn't logged in at the time I took that screenshot!

(Sometimes I get logged in automatically, sometimes not…)

Right now I'm logged in and the Kudos count is the same for the "private" statistics (right under my profile name/avatar) and the "public" one (on the left side bar of the profile screen).

someone else took the screenshot?

Surely no!

Btw. I have to raise another topic: When will Lithium support international time stamp formats? I rarely use AM/PM time and would love to have proper (:D) 24h time formats whenever I want to have them! I know English speaking people have problems using SI units and 24h formats, but in a globalized world even an US american company should support them! Well, atleast they even have a German office nearby my work place and they have translated (parts of) their website to German, so they should have people in-house to help them on this topic…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 14 of 16
(1,135 Views)

Btw. I have to raise another topic: When will Lithium support international time stamp formats? I rarely use AM/PM time and would love to have proper (:D) 24h time formats whenever I want to have them! I know English speaking people have problems using SI units and 24h formats, but in a globalized world even an US american company should support them! Well, atleast they even have a German office nearby my work place and they have translated (parts of) their website to German, so they should have people in-house to help them on this topic…

We like 24 hour times in the UK too. For example most of our railway and airline timetables use it. It even uses fewer characters. I had managed a wrinkle to get a 24 hour time. About three revamps ago, you could enter format strings for the date. It let you include for examp!e %H:%M in the date format. When the ability to enter format strings was removed I found that the format string I had previously entered remained effective. It was only when I changed something else in the settings to get round another problem with the latest incarnation that the date format was set to a default value and I lost the 24 hour times. So the system is capable of the display; it just needs the ability to set the time format string to be in the international standard form.

I too find it strange that Lithium is apparantly unable, or unwilling, to properly support standard time formats.

Rod.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,124 Views)

24h format is supported in the platform. The problem is that there is not a user level setting to choose this as the default display. Unfortunately, there is no update on this feature becoming available.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,101 Views)