Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Do not mark a post as a solution to your thread until you actually have your problem solved.  Many people will skip over "solved" threads.  If your problem was not solved, then these people will not be helping.

I so wish I could mark that post as a solution right now 😛

Then set a good example by giving it Kudos...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 18
(4,073 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Do not mark a post as a solution to your thread until you actually have your problem solved.  Many people will skip over "solved" threads.  If your problem was not solved, then these people will not be helping.

I so wish I could mark that post as a solution right now 😛

Then set a good example by giving it Kudos...

Kudos for all.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(4,055 Views)

Before making this thread I searched to see if one existed already.  I recently found this one which has a few more tips which are forum wide.

Message 13 of 18
(4,027 Views)

And some general LabVIEW Style tips for uploaded code:

• Do not set your attached vi to "Run when Opened" unless that is necessary to demonstrate the problem.  WARN us in your post if this attachment will run when opened.  
  • Warn us first in your post if the code will not exit normally when run.  I may have my own project open and be working on it when your vi crashes LabVIEW, I really hate that!  The warning will queue me to save MY work before helping you with your problem.
  • Try your best to save the vi FP and BD on the PRIMARY monitor and not maximized.  
  • Do not believe that posters meant to be rude to you-  I AM funny, you just were not in a position to appreciate my sense of humorSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 14 of 18
(3,995 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

• Try your best to save the vi FP and BD on the PRIMARY monitor and not maximized.  

hmmm.....I don't like to pull out my 40" monitor just to read the FP/BD. Try using the "Clean Up Diagram" to compress the BD view. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(3,947 Views)

@apok wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

hmmm.....I don't like to pull out my 40" monitor just to read the FP/BD. Try using the "Clean Up Diagram" to compress the BD view. Smiley Wink

I'm not sure I would want a blanket statement like use Clean Up Diagram when posting code to the forums.  I realize mostly newbies are the ones that need these rules, but I think coding style is something that is important, but not manditory for getting help on the forums.  Sending users links to the style guide might be more useful than just saying to use clean up.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(3,935 Views)

Further, Clean Up is often more likely to explode a messy diagram than to compact it.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(3,929 Views)

Okay finally got around to making this a community document.  Posted here.  I tried adding all the comments from this thread but I left a few out, and re-worded some.

Message 18 of 18
(3,853 Views)