Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to post a question

Solved!
Go to solution

After searching for a solution to my Labview problem..and not finding an answer..I am unable to post my question.  The "POST" button as described in one of the helps, is not there.  I am logged in.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,768 Views)

@Clint1000 wrote:

The "POST" button as described in one of the helps, is not there.

Perhaps you should use the "Start A Topic" button.  That will open a window to create a new message.  The "Post" button is then in the bottom right just under the text input.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,757 Views)

So its no longer like in the .."old" days when you asked a question and if you were unable to find an answer you POST the question?  I have to ask the question..if unable to find an answer start a new topic then post the question?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,736 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint1000

Yeah, it appears the flow got changed with the "upgrades" earlier this year.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(3,730 Views)

Hello, 

We have taken a look into this, and this is something we will consider changing in the future. For now, there are a couple of wrkarounds that can facilitate the post creation process. 

First when you do the search, under each search result you will see a link, that mentions the specific board that thread is in. If you click on that link it will take you directly to the board so you don't have to go through going back to the home page of the forums. 

Also when you're creating a topic in the forums stat a search as you type in the forum topic name, this can also help you search for posts. 

Thank you again for the feedback, hope this works. 

Alberto

NI Community Team 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,717 Views)

Thanks Alberto..I'm set in my ways and like the old method better.  Even the fact that you selected the forum to post a question in.  Now it looks like you get results from all forums,..Labview, Multisim, CVI..etc..  I like selecting "Discussions Forum" then... "LABVIEW".

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,714 Views)

Hello,

Depending on how you approach your search, you can always select the boards you wish to search on.

For example: on the forums home page, on the left hand side you can access the board you're interested in. 

Also if you search on the home page, one the search window opens you can select your search criteria. 

Attached are sceenshots of those examples.

I hope this works, if this is not what you're talking about please let me know. 

Thank you

Alberto 

NI Community Team 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,692 Views)