Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought on idea exchange "duplicates"

I'm not really sure where to post this so...

I think it would be beneficial if when an idea exchange idea is marked as duplicate, kudos that have been given to the duplicate idea should be transfered to non-duplicate (i.e. original idea). Is this done already, and if not could it be implemented? Of course, if a member kudod both, their kudo should not be transfered, as they already kudod the original.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,673 Views)

This is a duplicate

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 5
(5,659 Views)

Well, was it ever actually posted in the proper place as suggested by NI (this forum)? Probably, I was too lazy to lookSmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,651 Views)

The usual problem is that the duplicates are linked "bottom up" instead of "top down".  Sometimes I suggest that the penance for missing the original idea is that the duplicator update the original with a link to the duplicate.  After about one day when the duplicate rolls off the front page there is limited value in linking the duplicate to the original.  On the other hand, there is some value in linking the original to its demon spawn so that NI can see that a given idea has 50 Kudos + 5 duplicates and weight accordingly.

Of course the search is a bit of a pain, most times I spot duplicates by remembering the original.  Improving the search could really help, one time I had an idea declared a duplicate of an idea suggested months later.  I think Google has technology to prevent this sort of thing from happening...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,641 Views)

Greg,

Just look at the bonus of getting extra kudos for a duplicated idea.  😉

The idea was revived...  Especially being a good one.

😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,607 Views)