From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space delimiting tags is broken! Major pain the ... !

This links is to the tags for a post where I entered a quick set of tags so I/we can find it when searching.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/tagdetailpage/tag-cloud-grouping/tag/tag-cloud-style/frequent/message...

That extremely long tag at the end of the list was entered as space delimited ... well at least I tried.

Please have them fix this ASAP if you do not want all of those casual taggers dumping alphabet soup in the tag DB.

As for myself entering tags one at a time is not a work around.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,518 Views)

Hi Ben,

Does it seem that this behavior just changed? I haven't added a tag in a while. 

For now, it is possible to add a comma between tags to delimit them when adding multiple tags at a time. I'll try to find out how we can get this changed back to a space.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,502 Views)

I tag and run and seldom look back. can't say when this started.

Re:commas

I have observed noobs tagging their questions, space delimted. Just telling me is not going to fix all of those tags getting added as we speak.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,499 Views)

The add tag box does include instructions to use commas between tags, so hopefully if they are new to tagging they'll notice.  If not, we can definitely watch out for this and clean up the tags. Its the people used to the previous behavior that I would be more concerned about.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,495 Views)

OK.

Its your sand-box and I just play in it.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,493 Views)