From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort it out, NI

All this spam is starting to make NI look seriously unprofessional. I find it hard to believe there's a lot of action going on behind the scenes from NI's end. The spam often stays up for many hours unchecked- and putting some code in to recognise bunches of 20 posts with nearly identical subjects in the space of a minute from the same poster is not rocket science.

Surely beefing up the registration process a bit would be a good first step.

This has been going on for months now.

Message 1 of 4
(7,639 Views)

Actually, I'd say the response has been quicker in the last week or so about cutting off the spammers and deleting the messages.  But it is infortunate they are still getting through in the first place.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,633 Views)

@ToeCutter wrote:

All this spam is starting to make NI look seriously unprofessional

This has been going on everywhere, not just here (see google snippet below). A quick search reveals that forums of other big companies (ebay, samsung, t-mobile, nokia, lenovo, etc, etc.) are equally targeted and affected.

Requiring e-mail verification would seem like a good first step, but overall I think Lithium needs to provide much better tools to automate all this and harden the target. Bot protection needs to be first priority and there are plenty of suggestions in the other thread.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,629 Views)

Don't ask me how I managed to miss the other thread...

I've figured out where it's all coming from now... 😉

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/smart-fridge-spam-cyberattack,news-18220.html

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,608 Views)