From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone has been messing around again.

What I thought might have been a glitch seems to be sticking around:  The My Recent Kudos Received list now lists multiple Kudos to the same post individually.  Again, one harebrained idea picking up a few Kudos can take over the entire list.

Spoiler
Of course this is a minor issue, my real question is what was broken during this change, we all know that something must have been.

Message 1 of 5
(5,791 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

What I thought might have been a glitch seems to be sticking around:  The My Recent Kudos Received list now lists multiple Kudos to the same post individually.  Again, one harebrained idea picking up a few Kudos can take over the entire list.

Spoiler
Of course this is a minor issue, my real question is what was broken during this change, we all know that something must have been.

Confirmed!

The scenario goes like this;

1) We get a kudos and see it out list pushing down the previous.

2) Get a second kudos to same post and now that post is the top two with both showing 2 kudos.

3) get a thrid Kudos again the list is pushed down with the top three all being the same post all showing 3 kudos.

The correct way would simply increment the count while the list stayed intact.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,776 Views)

Probably a related bug.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/kudos/userpage/user-id/9539/tab/users-i-kudoed/sort-direction/descending/sor...

Shows who I gave kudos to page 20 or whatever. moving forward or back you will start to see people listed more than once aparently once for every time I gave them a Kudo ...

I did not bother to check the other lists.

The subroutine that spits out the list is aparently hosed. Who touched it last?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,749 Views)

Hey guys,

I'm on it!

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,739 Views)

I have to admit I like big numbers but I prefer REAL big numbers.

Multi_Count.PNG

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,730 Views)