Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download servers

Perhaps OT, but I'll take my chances.

Why is the NI download servers so slow?

It looks like something is throttleling the bandwidth.

I'm trying to download NIVISA1501full.exe at the moment, and starts off at 40Mbit/s. Now it is down to 600kb/s.

I've tried from two different PCs using several browsers and the downloader as well.

This is a general problem, and affects all my downloads from NI.

Does someone have an alternative source?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,306 Views)

Hello HenningNT -

My name is Rob Ossian and I am the Business Manager for NI.com/Downloads.  I really appreciate your taking the time to share your downloads experience with us.  Although I regret that the post is reflective of a negative experience, it is precisely this type of feedback that enables my team and I to remain focused on the impact issues most important to our customers.

To that end, I woudl like to share that NI is aggressively implementing a number of significant improvements to online customer experience (within ni.com/Downloads as well as other areas of the website).  One of the core focuses of my group is to improve the speed in which NI.com web content is delivered.

Earlier this year NI completed an extensive review of the infrastructure responsible for serving more than 160,000 downloadable items to customers around the world.  That assessment revealed a number of opportunities to enhance the process and I am very pleased to share with you that NI has already begun implementing them.  As each of these enhancements are rolled into production over the next few months, I am confident that you will see a visible and progressive improvement to ni.com/Downloads content delivery speeds.

If you have any additional feedback you would like to share or if you would like to contact me directly please feel free to reach out to me directly any time using the email address in my signature below.

Again, thank you very much for your invaluable feedback. I look forward to another post in a couple of months letting us know how much your downloads experience has improved  🙂

Best Regards,
Rob Ossian
Business Manager
Digital Support Downloads
National Instruments

Email: rob.ossian@ni.com

Message 2 of 2
(3,260 Views)