Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reputation Sync

Shouldn't the 'Knights in Training' be 'Squires of NI'? Just a thought!

Message 11 of 26
(8,558 Views)

Those names remind me of 17th to 19th century... If that's the intended impression...?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(8,553 Views)

Knight of NI and its spin-offs are inspired by Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail and the characters identified therein as "The Knights who say ni".

Historically NI has sent a shrubbery to the Knights of NI in recognition. My shrub is in the background of this picture taken at durring my Knighting ceremony.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 13 of 26
(8,549 Views)

Well if they are going to meke me wear that goofy hat I am not sure that I want that. Smiley Happy

I will just have to stop at 9999

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(8,544 Views)

OK Sir,

this picture (and the explanation) is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(8,539 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

Well if they are going to meke me wear that goofy hat I am not sure that I want that. Smiley Happy

I will just have to stop at 9999

No, goofy hat not required. The hat ws reference to a very old discusion when Greg McKaskle( now so high up in NI R&D nobody remebers his name) suggested that contributors to the forums sould wear beenies with propellers on top to NI Week to help us identify each other. Only Putnam and I carried it out. If you were able to zoom in on that hat you would find a Teddy Bear at the base of the propeller.

Ben

For the sake of history... The Term Knight of NI was an honoray term as reflected in this old thread.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(8,538 Views)

The same photo I saw 2 years back i this thread. I can see the same teddy bear beside you 🙂

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 17 of 26
(8,513 Views)

so when is this all gonna happen?

http://www.medicollector.com
Message 18 of 26
(8,391 Views)

@josborne wrote:

so when is this all gonna happen?

Hopefully AFTER a very intense testing scenario from both on site and off-site (NI) to ensure EVERYTHING works correctly.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(8,372 Views)

Bugs are not tolerated in this dojo, are they?

No, sensei!

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(8,361 Views)