Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red X by attached files

The first time I attached a file to a post I was surprised by the apperance of a red X to the right. My first thought: "What did I do wrong, now?" 

No tip strip appears when the cursor is over the red X, so I had to guess at its purpose. I think it would make more sense to have a button in the same style as the Choose File button than to have something completely different.  I do not recall what was there before, but I am pretty sure this is another of the UNinprovements.

Lynn

Red X.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,140 Views)

johnsold wrote:  I do not recall what was there before

It used to be a link that said "Remove".

Personally, I think there should be a little box around the attachment so that it is obvious where I can drag a file and that the X is associated with it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,127 Views)

Yes, the red X is for removing an attachment. This is a pretty common item you'll find on the web. I can see how the red may come across as a warning though, since it's often associated with errors.

I'm not sure if those type of fields can be customized, but I will make note of this feedback so it can be evaluated.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,121 Views)

Thanks Lili and Tim.

After thinking about it further, the real issue is the inconsistency of the user experience. It starts with a clearly defined and labeled button for adding a file and then a completely different, unlabeled symbol to remove it.

Further inconsistency: After choosing a file, hitting the same Choose File button again brings up the dialog to select a file. If a different file is selected, the original is replaced without any warning.  This is probably unchanged from before but I do not recall ever testing it, even by accident.

Not sure what I would recommend, byeond having your team and Lithium thinking about the consistency of the user experience.  But that was part of the reason for all of this in the first place, right?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,105 Views)