From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really, Why did "Call Me Now!" buttons go away?

Seen here

In all seriousness that "Call me Now!" button on the NI web-site was one of the greater features NI ever had!  why did it go away?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,278 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I'm trying to track down the best person internally who can help answer this. But with many out-of-office for the holiday, it may take longer to get you an answer.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,267 Views)

I May have missed the Ctrl+V see here insteadSmiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,259 Views)

Hi Jeff,

The call me now button was deprecated for several reasons. It was a poor experience for non-US customers and the underlying application was outdated and difficult to update. In its place, there is now an updated contact us page.

I'm sorry you're missing the feature. This new option is much more global-friendly though.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 9
(6,201 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Hi Jeff,

The call me now button was deprecated for several reasons. It was a poor experience for non-US customers and the underlying application was outdated and difficult to update. In its place, there is now an updated contact us page.

I'm sorry you're missing the feature. This new option is much more global-friendly though.

Thanks,

OK, I can accept that the "Call-Me-Now Buttons" were not "Globaly supportable"

Still, I liked those buttons, and thought they were a great showing of NI's customer support commitment.  I believe this move was not a reduction in NI's commitment to customer support!  Yet, If I could have those "Call-Me-Now" buttons back.. I'd like it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,188 Views)

@JÞB wrote:
Still, I liked those buttons, and thought they were a great showing of NI's customer support commitment.  I believe this move was not a reduction in NI's commitment to customer support!  Yet, If I could have those "Call-Me-Now" buttons back.. I'd like it.

Years ago I think I tried it, assuming that I could enter a callback number because I was on the road. Somehow it later simply rang the phone in the lab (i.e. the nuber registered in my NI profile) and nobody in the lab knew what was going on...  😄

Message 6 of 9
(6,178 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Years ago I think I tried it, assuming that I could enter a callback number because I was on the road. Somehow it later simply rang the phone in the lab (i.e. the nuber registered in my NI profile) and nobody in the lab knew what was going on...  😄

That is exactly why that number rings the phone in my pants (Or used too, when I wore pants at work):smileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 9
(6,176 Views)

(I don't know if this applies to the US as it does in the UK)

I find it very hard to visit the NI website (e.g. to find a datasheet) sometimes without getting a follow up call from NI - "so, I saw you were looking at CompactRIO, is there anything I can help you with?". "No...please tell me about this product I know nothing about!" /sarcasm Smiley LOL

I think they've got the message now that I do often visit the NI website for reference only but some of the times I've had random calls from them (like after downloading some of the sample CLAD exams for a colleague and then getting a phone call asking if I was interested in taking the CLAD exam...)...sometimes within minutes of going on the site...it was a little bit annoying.

On the flip-side - being able to request a call is better than having to wait in phone queues or navigate automated menus.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 8 of 9
(6,062 Views)

Sam_Sharp wrote:

I think they've got the message now that I do often visit the NI website for reference only but some of the times I've had random calls from them (like after downloading some of the sample CLAD exams for a colleague and then getting a phone call asking if I was interested in taking the CLAD exam...)...sometimes within minutes of going on the site...it was a little bit annoying.

I've never had that quick of a response.  But my favorite incident was when I got an email saying that I should sign up for a Core 1 & 2 course that was local to me.

1) I'm a CLA.  Do you really think I need Core 1 & 2?

2) (and the best part) I'm the one teaching it!

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 9
(6,038 Views)