Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quoting a post?

This seems really stupid - but how do you properly quote a post/part of a post in the forums? There isn't a button for it (unless I'm supposed to code/spoiler it) and I've seen people do it so it must be possible, I just haven't found out how yet?

Just in case nobody has any idea what I'm talking about:

2015-07-16_12-50-24.png

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,425 Views)

Sam_Sharp wrote:

First of all, there is the "Quote" button.  That just puts the text in the editor.  You can then just edit the text.

EDIT: I should add that you can only quote a post that you are directly replying to.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(4,421 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Sam_Sharp wrote:

First of all, there is the "Quote" button.  That just puts the text in the editor.  You can then just edit the text.

EDIT: I should add that you can only quote a post that you are directly replying to.

Aha! Yup, found it at the top-right of the reply text box. Not sure why I'd never noticed it before! I was expecting it to be in the text editor itself. Thanks! One of those stupid things that had been bugging me every now and again that I couldn't find it!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,413 Views)