From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quoting a post?

This seems really stupid - but how do you properly quote a post/part of a post in the forums? There isn't a button for it (unless I'm supposed to code/spoiler it) and I've seen people do it so it must be possible, I just haven't found out how yet?

Just in case nobody has any idea what I'm talking about:

2015-07-16_12-50-24.png

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,450 Views)

Sam_Sharp wrote:

First of all, there is the "Quote" button.  That just puts the text in the editor.  You can then just edit the text.

EDIT: I should add that you can only quote a post that you are directly replying to.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(4,446 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Sam_Sharp wrote:

First of all, there is the "Quote" button.  That just puts the text in the editor.  You can then just edit the text.

EDIT: I should add that you can only quote a post that you are directly replying to.

Aha! Yup, found it at the top-right of the reply text box. Not sure why I'd never noticed it before! I was expecting it to be in the text editor itself. Thanks! One of those stupid things that had been bugging me every now and again that I couldn't find it!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,438 Views)