Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems uploading a ZIP file

Yes, this one. It's over 1 MB in size, so maybe that's a clue?

(7,046 Views)

Hi Jordan,

I got the same problem with much smaller VIs, so I don't think it's a problem of file size.

I would guess it's related to FF22+ (now we're at FF23) as it seems IE (or Chrome) has less problems in this case...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 32 of 88
(7,034 Views)

IE8 has problems.  I've had problems with small .vi's.  I haven't tried any .zip's.  I have had problems with .png's that were VI snippets.

The problems with snippets in particular has kept me from trying to help anyone in the forums more than just a written description.  I usually like to set up a screen shot as a snippet, but with that failing by uploading attachments, I've stopped trying to do it until I hear these problems are fixed.  (I don't like to use the picture library for this kind of thing.)

I don't understand why lithium is not responding to this.  They must have known something at the time that they "fixed" or "updated" but just proceeded to break file uploads.

Message 33 of 88
(7,023 Views)

Just to add another data point.  In the last week or so I can't post any VIs.  I have been successful with PNG and ZIP files.  Using FF 23.0.1 and Windows 7 64-bit.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 34 of 88
(6,966 Views)

BUMP! (One month since my last message in this thread...)

Still problems to upload VIs (today, yesterday I had to put a single VI into a ZIP file)!

Come on NI! When will you fix your forum software?

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 35 of 88
(6,943 Views)

As of today, I can no longer attach png images or snippets. When trying to posts, it takes forever, then I am greeted with "An unexpected error has occurred" and I am back at the edit screen.

Please fix it!!!!!

EDIT: OK, so i tried as gif instead and it worked. For some reason the previous png attachment attempts also appeared in the new post. Makes no sense!

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 88
(6,927 Views)

Christian,

Very interesting.  That is a new twist that the other files showed up in the later post.  It makes me wonder if whatever "error checking" they are doing is causing it to puke on only the first attachment.  If a "valid" file is attachment first then the "problem attachments"  (zip vi png) are attached as 2nd or 3rd.  If they will get attached okay.  It seems like your earlier png attachment attempts got passed off into some sort of buffer limbo, then they snuck in later when you finally had a successful attachment post.

I'm glad to hear more people are having problems, because this seems like it has been going on a while, and the misbehavior of the forums hasn't always been consistent.

Message 37 of 88
(6,922 Views)

This one is new. An error without an error !!   Smiley Surprised

error NO error.jpg

Message 38 of 88
(6,898 Views)

Another "content does not match the type" error here - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/resizing-problem-in-custom-controls/m-p/2568537#M774746.

Like Gerd, I renamed the VI (to a .ctl in my case) and then it uploaded fine.

(6,861 Views)

BUMP! (One month since my last message in this thread...)

Still problems to upload VIs (today, I had to rename to .vit)!

Come on NI! When will you fix your forum software?

It's a pity I have to post that same message now several times - with delays of MONTHs in between. Now I'm using FF24.0...

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 40 of 88
(6,810 Views)