Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems uploading a ZIP file

And add LLB to the list of things I can't post.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 88
(7,119 Views)

Trying a ZIP file upload with Android tablet.

and that  is OK

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 88
(7,103 Views)

I was just able to post a zip file.  Granted, I am on a different computer than before.  But the software specs are the exact same.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 88
(7,081 Views)

To add to the strangeness, I was blocked from posting a VI, but was allowed to post a zip of it.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 88
(7,067 Views)

ZIP upload from another computer also fails.

But a VI upload is OK.

We could make a table with who can upload what and mail to files to each other  Smiley Very Happy

Hope this is solved soon.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 88
(7,057 Views)

Let's give this a little bump since it still seems to be going on.

Why hasn't Lithium recognized and figured out the problem?  It seems like a kind of file/virus scanner problem.  They must have made some sort of change to their system that directly correlates to when these problems started happening.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 88
(7,004 Views)

I guess they added a malware scanner that inspects the zip contents, but that thing is not programmed in LabVIEW and thus cannot be debugged that easily. 😮 😄

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 88
(6,994 Views)

I just received word the issue is due to a bug in the application, but it's been fixed. The community will be restarted tonight to pick up the fix and the issue should no longer be a problem. I will test this evening, but please let me know if you are still having issues posting attachments tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jordan

Message 18 of 88
(6,968 Views)

Hi,

Testing for a ZIP, LLB and VI upload.

It works if the files are OK. e.g. a file with a extension VI which is not a valid VI cannot be uploaded. Just mention it here but it is not a real problem for me.

Thanks Jordan for the solution.

Kees

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 88
(6,956 Views)

K C wrote:

It works if the files are OK. e.g. a file with a extension VI which is not a valid VI cannot be uploaded. Just mention it here but it is not a real problem for me.

That still seems buggy. See for example here

When I try to attach my VI, I get the error "file contents don't match file type"

This should be investigated. Could it be a VI in a very old version or from a different platform?

Message 20 of 88
(6,943 Views)