Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems uploading a ZIP file

@Senor_Bob wrote:

Pretty amazing that NI hasn't addressed this problem in over a year. 

Strange I decided to see if I could add the attachment to this post, and it took anything I tried.  So it appears to be related to a specific post.  I guess I will delete my other post and try again.

I think that statement is connected to the nature of this problem.  It is not very repeatable.  I've very rarely had problems uploading .zips or VI's.  (Though actually I don't often need to upload zip's.)  Gerd seems to be one of the users who has this problem very frequently.  What is the difference between his situation and other people's, I don't know.   I'm also regularly using firefox 34.0.5, for the last few months, and have not seen an issue during that time.

So is it a problem with firefox?  A particular add-on?  Network firewall settings?  Some buried option setting within FF?  Who knows?  I think very few people have had issues, and even you said that sometimes things work just fine.  So until this problem is repeatable, or we can find some common thread between people who have the problem, and what is different from the people who don't have the problem, It'll probably take much longer to address the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 88
(4,017 Views)

Yes I too am using Firefox 34.  And actually starting a new post did not fix the problem.  It doesn't really show up until you try to post.  Ultimately I ended up inserting jpegs of my VIs inline.  Not really a good solution, but better than nothing.  At least I ended up getting my question posted.

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 88
(4,002 Views)

Are you saying you've only had the problem with a new post, as in the first post that of a message thread?  As opposed to replying to a post in an existing thread?

Maybe that's the common factor.  However, you only have 2 posts to your name and they are both replies in this thread.  And many of Gerd's links point to messages where he is replying to someone else and not where is posting a new message, i.e. starting a new thread.

Please clarify.

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 88
(3,990 Views)

Sorry for the confusion.  I was getting confused by the fact that I didn't get the "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type." message until I would actually do a post. 

I've never been able to attach a file of any kind to a post.  I've tried all the suggestions here from renaming the file with a .vit extension, to zipping files.  Nothing has worked for me.  I have not tried using a different browser.

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 88
(3,976 Views)

BUMP!

Someone else has the same (kind of) problems with uploading LLB files…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 88
(3,946 Views)

BUMP!

Now it's my attachment again, which suffers the "file content does not match" problem…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 88
(3,962 Views)

I'm seeing something really weird when I try to post a VI now.  I don't get the error saying that the file type has a mismatch, but it is worse.  I get a blank reply screen.  Even all of the text I put in is gone.  It works fine for zip files.

Windows 7,  FF 35.0.1

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 88
(3,952 Views)

BUMP!

Now it's my attachment again, which suffers the "file content does not match" problem…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 88
(3,893 Views)

Faustina has the same (or very similar) problem…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 88
(3,873 Views)

BUMP!

Now it's 2½ years I have problems uploading VIs to the forum - it does accept VITs instead…

What's the difference between VIs and VITs from the viewpoint of Lithium forum software?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 88
(3,551 Views)