From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem uploading attachments

Last night on my work laptop from home, I was unable to upload an attachment for a VI I converted in the Version Conversion board.  I tried to upload a file again today from my work PC, same problem.  The screen said the message was successfully updated, but yet no attachment showed up in the message.

See here.  http://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/Downconvert-9-0-to-8-5/m-p/2374374

The one thing I noticed is that the message editor shows in the lower left corner of IE8,  "Done, but with errors on page".  The details of those errors are:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC LM 😎
Timestamp: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 13:47:57 UTC

Line: 322
Char: 296
Code: 0
URI: http://ni.i.lithium.com/t5/scripts/F8E79F18AA2BFFBEEEE288DE75C7429C/lia-scripts-common-min.js

Is something broken on the webpage that is being sent to my browser?

Message 1 of 12
(8,248 Views)

I was just about to report that myself! Thanks Bill!

Check my profile for last browser used and latest post before this.  I Tried 5 times to attach a VI analizer txt export!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 12
(8,239 Views)

I'm glad I'm not the only one then.

Last browser used seems to be only something that shows up on your own profile.  I can't see it on your profile.

Here is the info shown on mine:

"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC LM 8)"

EDIT:  I saw something interesting.  Seeing the word "compatible", I decided to turn off compatibility mode.  I was able to upload the file to this message that I tried to upload to the version conversion thread.  Then I edited the message again, turned compatibility mode back on.  I was not able to upload the attachment.

Something definitely broke recently, because I'm sure I usually have compatibility mode turned on and never saw this problem before.

2nd EDIT:  I was able to add the VI again with compatibility mode turned off, not with it turned on.  I went to remove the attachment and found that I cannot remove the attachment with compatibility mode turned on.  Clicking the remove link just causes the page to jump to the top.   With compatibility mode turned off, clicking the remove link causes it to change to "Add", and the message is removed when I click Post.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,233 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one then.

Last browser used seems to be only something that shows up on your own profile.  I can't see it on your profile.

Jordan and crew can see it just fine.  Since it was my desktop, that I'm still on, and not the Laptop or phone I often use.  They can retrieve the data fairly well with confidence that I haven't switched much up in the meantimeHeart.  There was a brief window last evening when the forums were closed for maintainence.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 12
(8,222 Views)

I completely turned off compatibility mode, completely just down IE to get out of the forums.  Restarted IE (compatibility mode still off), and logged back in.  Looked at my profile and saw

"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC LM 8)"

MSIE now shows 8.0 instead of 7.1.

Just one more thing that makes me think the download of the message editor webpage and its functionality is hanging up depending on which version of IE the browser is reporting.

I hadn't seen that the forum was down for maintenance last night.  It must have been a quick turnaround.  But that timing makes me believe this breakage of the webpage is related to the changes that must have been done during this "maintenance".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,217 Views)

Thanks for reporting this, guys. Let me dig in a bit and I'll report it.

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,205 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

I completely turned off compatibility mode, completely just shutdown IE to get out of the forums.  Restarted IE (compatibility mode still off), and logged back in.  Looked at my profile and saw

Thanks Jordan.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,193 Views)

I noticed something else affected by having compatibility mode turned on.  The macros for automatically entering text don't work.  The cursor just sits there happily blinking away after picking a macro out of the dropdown.

Only after turning off compatibility mode does the macro feature work.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,185 Views)

IE8 is still failing to upload attachments with compatibility mode turned on.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,128 Views)

Yes, Lithium has identified the compatibility problems in IE as a bug in the most recent version of their platform. No timeline has been given for a fix. I will let you know as they share more information.

Thanks,

Jordan

Message 10 of 12
(8,113 Views)