Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on "Report to a Moderator"

Hi,

I just noticed a problem when using "Report to a moderator" option for a forum post:

After sending the notification to the moderator the website should reload the thread with the notified message entry.

But:

Instead of showing the notified message my FireFox27.0.1 loaded the last opened thread. As I had several tabs opened in FF it loaded the thread that I opened in the latest tab.

Moreover it showed that "Moderator notified" announcement on top of that wrong thread…

Just to demonstrate/verify that effect I notified the moderator again:

pic1.png

Thread title is marked with red line.

After pressing "Notify the moderator" the website reloaded and I landed here:

pic2.png

Yes, I did notify the moderator.

NO, I didn't notify the moderator on the "Feedback on NI Discussion Forum"!

Yes, the latest opened tab is of course the "Feedback…" forum as I wanted to write this feedback on NI discussion forum!

The tab opened before is marked too…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,371 Views)

I think I saw that this morning as well.  I got confused because I thought I might have reported to the wrong message thread.  I wound up reporting the message again.  (This was IE8).  From your screenshot, it looks like were were reporting on the same message thread.

I often load up several pages at a time (especially when things are running slower to load, see Poor site performance).  So I load up a few links, go back to the first one, and by then it should be loaded ready to lead.  I probably did that this morning as well, thus your explanation of last loaded page, makes sense to me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,358 Views)

This has been going on for I don't know how long, but it's a long time. Personally, in the list of problems with the forums, this ranks at a relatively low spot for me, since the reports do appear to actually be filed correctly.

(5,355 Views)

I have also seen this issue for a very long time.  Same thing happens when I start to reply to a post and then cancel (goes to the last thread I opened).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,351 Views)