From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Statistics

Just out of curiosity, why is "Total Solutions Authored" a private statistic?  I see that as just as much worth of somebody's contributions than Total Kuods Recieved.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 1 of 12
(6,364 Views)

I think the first use of it is to jump from the start of the thread directly to the solution.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,362 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

I think the first use of it is to jump from the start of the thread directly to the solution.

I'm referring to the statistics on somebody's profile, not an individual thread.  I guess I could have made that a litte more clear.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,358 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

...  I see that as just as much worth of somebody's contributions than Total Kuods Recieved.

I fully agree and argued similar earlier - my understanding is that this metric is private since it does not affect our rank (for unknown reasons)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,356 Views)

if this figure is so important, should it be displayed as a 4th colored square next to names?

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,354 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

if this figure is so important, should it be displayed as a 4th colored square next to names?

Does anybody actually pay attention to those squares?  And for those who are Knights don't even have squares, so that becomes a mute point for those who reach that status.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,352 Views)

crossrulz a écrit : 
Does anybody actually pay attention to those squares? 

I do.

crossrulz a écrit : 
And for those who are Knights don't even have squares, so that becomes a mute point for those who reach that status.

The knight badge was created because white + 3 shades of (ugly) orange is enough, the knight badge doesn't really hide any info since anyway those who become knight always have the 3 dark orange squares.

Suggestion :

Below the avatar you have the total post count, maybe the number of kudos and of authored solution could be displayed as well, this would spare us having to go to the profil to see all that.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,346 Views)

Chiming in.,...  Total solutions is not very important IMHO.  It certainly does not predict whether a poster can solve the thread in hand.  "You cannot troubleshoot the general case" - J.  Bohrer

You can reach a level of technical proficiency where some common mistakes can be predicted but, even then you have to see the current problem.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,323 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Chiming in.,...  Total solutions is not very important IMHO.  It certainly does not predict whether a poster can solve the thread in hand.  "You cannot troubleshoot the general case" - J.  Bohrer

You can reach a level of technical proficiency where some common mistakes can be predicted but, even then you have to see the current problem.

Isn't that true for any predictions? Kudos or posts also will not allow predicting if one is able (or willing) to solve a thread...Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,316 Views)

@Wolfgang wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Isn't that true for any predictions? Kudos or posts also will not allow predicting if one is able (or willing) to solve a thread...Smiley Wink

And yet,....Oh, you'll like this Wolfgang....

I also chimed in on another thread tonight.  And I got the marked solution.....ALL the others non-original posters were "Proven Zealots"  Maybe,I was due.  Perhaps it is karmaha. yet, to me it felt like just a nice feeling to hold inside. No disrepsect to any poster on that thread!  My 8-Ball was just more attuned tonight!

Did I like "Catching the soloution"?- Yup... It is why I do this! NO, I feel it is more of a colabatative thing than a competitive thing. That is (IMHO) why these forums work.   But, those green check-marks do feel nice.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,312 Views)