Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post editing problems

Just wondering if there is a problem with Lithium or a problem with my machine. Maybe a few people could try to reproduce this:

When I try to edit a post, in 80% of the cases (starting today) I get an blank edit window. Only after clicking "HTML" followed by "Rich Text", the text shows up for editing.

There were quite a few changes here that could also be the culprit (upgrade to windows 10, chrome browser update, etc.) so all bets are off!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(5,282 Views)

Worked fine for me.

Windows 7 64-bit, FF39.0

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(5,251 Views)

Thanks. At the moment the problem is gone again. No obvious changed here on my side.....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(5,245 Views)

I was unable to reproduce this in FF v39.0 or Chrome, but I am on Windows 7. If it continues to happen, please let us know.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(5,162 Views)

Thanks.

I've actually seen it occasionally today too. I'll watch it for a while longer.

(There is now always a short lag until the post content appears (< 1 second), but sometimes it never appears until I do the "html...rich text" juggle. Maybe a race condition.....)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(5,154 Views)

This started happening to me just this week, and I do the same HTML/RichText thing to fix it. I also have Chrome, so maybe that's the culprit.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(5,124 Views)

@James.M wrote:

This started happening to me just this week, and I do the same HTML/RichText thing to fix it. I also have Chrome, so maybe that's the culprit.

James, are you also using Windows 10?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(5,120 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

@James.M wrote:

James, are you also using Windows 10?

I'm on Windows 7. Chrome is Version 44.0.2403.130 m

P.S. it happens every time I edit a post, not intermittently

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(5,116 Views)

It took many tries, but I was finally able to reproduce this in Chrome 44.0.2403.130 m on Win 7.

Neither of you are seeing this issue in Firefox, correct?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(5,079 Views)

I only have Chrome, so that's it for me.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(5,077 Views)